Let’s see if their Liberty Shirt sticks to these claims… (Good news for the gentlemen out there: they have similar models for men!)
Note: for this review, I decided to use Tilley’s own criteria to evaluate their product.
-Versatility – items with multiple options
-Lightweight – for light packing and multiple mix and match opportunities
- Can be a lifesaver if needing a more “dressed look” to attend fancier occasions but will also match just fine most bottoms, casual or not, from skirts to cargo pants!
- Though the prints can be quite colorful, it will still match with most “neutral” colored items.
- The same shirt comes in a variety of prints from funky to more “mature” so you can get many of the same model in different colors, everyone will find something they like!
Note: A great addition would be those little straps that help keeping your sleeve rolled up.
-Breathable, moisture-wicking – maximize comfort in hot environments or while engaging in active pursuits. Plus they’ll dry quickly when caught in an unexpected rainstorm
-Wash ‘n’ wear – wash them in your hotel sink and hang to air dry overnight
- I couldn’t believe this was COTTON, which usually takes forever to air-dry and is generally a big “no” in my luggage! After a proper wring, this shirt will dry in a few hours (or overnight), as promised, and be ready for the adventures of the next day!
- The fabric does breath well and considering it’s quick-drying feature, I have no doubt it won’t stay damp for long!
-Stretch for comfort
- The cut is generous and loose, yet it’s not shapeless.
- The fabric used is flexible and won’t restrict movements. I can easily picture myself going on a hike or do some outdoorsy activities wearing my new shirt!
-Many pockets – store phone, glasses, boarding passes, maps for hands-free travel
-Secure valuables and deter pickpockets – use Velcro®, zippered and hidden secret pockets
- Doesn’t apply to this item which only has a regular chest pocket
-Strength and durability – some are even guaranteed for life not to wear out
- Doesn’t apply to this item
-Wrinkle-resistant and Packable – roll them up and go
- That shirt is very packing efficient (light & compact, can wrinkle a bit, but doesn’t look too scruffy);
- It doesn’t require ironing (and who has time to do that anyway when traveling!) See image for proof!
-UPF Certified – sun protection built into the fabric
To be updated when I get the chance to test it under the actual sun, considering right now it’s still the heart of winter in Montreal…!
VERDICT ON THE TILLEY LIBERTY SHIRT
Definitely a good pick. The product sticks to the company claims and has great potential considering the value it occupies in a backpack. It has all the essential features of great travel clothing!